Friday 5 March 2010

Just Busted

Back home, my parents subscribe to a local paper called Confidential, which to the best of my knowledge, keeps them up to date on whoever locally has found themselves in court for petty debt or other small misdemeanors.
I found the concept of this somewhat repulsive, so you can imagine my reaction when I found a paper called 'Just Busted', which prints every mugshot taken by the police in the last week.
I bought the Tennessee edition for a dollar in a gas station, and despite it's sensationalist attitude, the paper graciously points out that "all pictured are presumed innocent until proven guilty" in it's small print.
The same goes for the "Sex Offenders Near Schools" section, where they briefly mention that not all the pictured offenders are in fact peadophiles, just sexual deviants, which is fortunate, given one man's sole crime is 'Sodomy'.
I could write a small essay on each of these people's faces, but instead I'll just post my favourite mugs and let you savour them. That said, I should point out that my absolute favourites are Mr Richard Palmer, Mr Royal Delbert Hall, and the exceedingly happy Justin, who appears to have been accused of Regiphilia.



P.S. I really don't get the bit about Phil Spector's wig.

No comments:

Post a Comment